Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.

CodeRED Emergency Notification Signup
Contact the County
Search Our Site

How to Get Here
Town Seal
I am in non-renewal status at the Registry of motor vehicles, what do I do?

    If you are currently unable to register a vehicle, renew a driver's license or have car inspected in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts due to unpaid parking tickets in one or more towns on Martha's Vineyard or Dukes County itself, here’s what to do…..

  • Call the office of the Parking Clerk, (508) 696-3842. Be prepared to give your plate number and/or license number.  A list of unpaid parking tickets and amount due will be made available to you.  

  • The office of the Parking Clerk has the capability to electronically clear tickets from the Registry of Motor Vehicles, upon receipt of full payment.

  • In order to clear tickets, payment must be made in the form of A BANK CHECK, MONEY ORDER or CREDIT CARD*.  Cash will only be accepted when payments are made in person at the office of the Parking Clerk.  Credit card payments may be made in person or online.  For online payments click here. If a payment is made online this does not mean it will be automatically cleared at the Registry.  Please call the Parking Clerk's office at the number above to inform us of payment.

  • Personal checks received for Non-Renewal status will deposited. Tickets WILL NOT be removed from the Registry of Motor Vehicles until check has been cleared through the bank (up to 5 days).

*- A 3% convenience fee will be added to all credit card payments.

The County of Dukes County PO Box 190, Edgartown, MA 02539
Phone: 508.696.3840    Fax: 508.696.3841
   Hours Vary by Department
Virtual Towns & Schools Website