County of Dukes County, Massachusetts
Associate Commissioner for Elderly
It is the Mission of the Associate Commissioner to provide assistance where possible in serving the Dukes County Commissioners to assure that our Elderly are protected and served to the best of our abilities. The Associate Commissioner for Elderly shall advise the County commissioners on affairs of the elderly and to act as an advocate for the senior citizens and elder agencies located within the county.
Roles and Responsibilities
As Associate Commissioner for Elderly for the County the following roles will be necessary to accomplish the Mission Statement:
- Report all activity to the County Manager either by phone, e-mail or in person.
- Update the County Commissioners on any new activities involving Elder Services.
- Advise the County Commissioners on Elder Services in the County.
- Facilitate services for the Elderly of Dukes County in a way to contribute to the safety, health and happiness of our Elders.
- Complement and collaborate with the various Town’s Councils of Aging and other elder service providers and agencies in the County.
- Communicate with and ask for help from Federal and State Elder Services.
- Encourage cooperation between Private and Public Elder Services agencies and organizations.
- Chair the Healthy Aging Task Force that will work towards a assuring the voters of Dukes County and the Dukes County Commissioners that everything possible is being done to care for the elder population of the County.
- Work with the County’s Emergency Manager, the other Associate Commissioners for Homeless, Disabled and Public Health as it pertains to the County’s Elderly Population.
- Perform any other request from the County Manager or the County Commissioners the assignments pertain to the Elderly.